Cookbook:Bean Soup (Vegetarian)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Vegetarian Bean Soup)
|Bean Soup (Vegetarian)|
- 2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1-pound) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (14½-ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- ⅓ cup broken angel-hair pasta, in 1 to 2-inch lengths
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added kidney beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Pour broth and water into a 4½-quart Dutch Oven or soup pot.
- Place pot over high heat.
- While liquid is heating, add frozen vegetables, stewed tomatoes with their juices and uncooked pasta.
- Cover pot and bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, rise and drain beans.
- When soup comes to a boil, uncover it and stir well. (Scrape the pot with a wooden spoon to loosen any pasta.)
- Add beans, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Reduce heat to medium-high or medium, maintaining a moderate boil.
- Stir frequently and cook until pasta is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add Parmesan.
- Stir occasionally and simmer for 5 minutes to develop the flavor.
- Serve at once or simmer on low until ready to serve.