Cookbook:Vegan Chocolate Cake
|Vegan Chocolate Cake|
Vegan chocolate cake with coconut crumble
- 200 g margarine (soft!)
- 400 g sugar
- 250 ml soy milk (cold!)
- 75 g grated coconut
- Zest of a lemon or grated ginger
- 750 g flour
- 150 ml soy flour
- Sachet of baking powder (2x20g)
- 6 knife tips of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 100g cocoa powder, lightly oiled
- 450ml soy milk
- 2 glasses of cranberries (2x250g)
- 700ml soy milk
- 2 small apples, cut into small pieces
- Mix part 1 until creamy for ten minutes, adding milk gradually.
- Mix part 2 dry and sift loosely.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Add part 1 and part 3 to part 2 while stirring, stir briefly until smooth.
- Spread everything on a large tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake for 35 minutes, but switch off the oven after only 20 minutes.
- After baking, coat the cake with 200g dark chocolate coating.
- Sprinkle the still soft couverture with grated coconut.
- In the beginning I heard the dough for far too long. I lost it, how airy and loose it got, but that was the case. I have to decide that the baking soda gets wet, everything has to go into the oven very quickly. You can learn that yourself: Put a few granules of baking soda in water and you will hear "air bubbles". That is CO2 being released. Thanks to my long stirring, I also got rid of all the CO2 even before baking.
- The cake becomes greasy even if there is too much margarine in it compared to the other ingredients. Margarine is heavy and does not give stability (unlike flour).
- Of course, a cake can also collapse if you take it out of the oven too early, so it is not yet through. Here it is important to find the right time. If you wait too long, it gets too dry or even burns black and smells. If you wait too short or if the baking temperature is too low, it is not through.