Cookbook:Traditional Tuna Casserole
|Traditional Tuna Casserole|
Traditional Tuna Casserole - A simple, quick-to-make meal, mentioned by Garrison Keillor on A Prairie Home Companion.
- Preheat oven to 350-400°F (180-200C). Takes about 20 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients, except cheese slices, in large casserole dish.
- Bake for 1 hour stirring 2 or 3 times.
- When macaroni is tender, cover top with cheese slices and return to oven for 5 minutes.
Alternate Method-Skillet DinnerEdit
- 1-1½ cups (240 ml - 360 ml) hot water
- all other ingredients as above
- Assemble all ingredients, except sliced cheese, in large skillet.
- Bring to boil, simmer 15 minutes, frequently stirring.
- Melt cheese on top before serving.
- Tastes great with a teaspoon or two of Texas Pete!
- May substitute chopped chicken or turkey for the tuna.