- Mix the rice flour with enough water to make a stiff paste, adding the pandan essence to the water before mixing with the rice flour. Knead well, then form the dough into pea-sized balls.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the rice balls, and remove them when they float to the surface. Drain.
- Bring half the coconut cream to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent it from separating, then add the flour balls.
- When the mixture returns to a boil, remove from heat and stir in the remaining coconut cream.
- If serving this dish with eggs, in a separate saucepan bring water to a boil and reduce heat, then crack eggs one at a time into the water. When eggs are done, remove from water and set aside.
- Serve as dessert in small bowls, adding one egg per bowl. Thais often add sweet corn kernels to the final product.