- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Add the green curry paste and sugar and cook over a fairly high heat for about a minute, stirring with the lemongrass, if using.
- Reduce the heat slightly and stir in the chicken pieces and lime leaves or zest until coated in the paste.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce or soy sauce and bring to a simmer, cooking for 25–30 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Stir in the coriander and lime juice.
- Check for seasoning, adding more fish sauce or soy sauce if needed.
- Leave the curry to sit for a few minutes so the sauce becomes creamier. You will also taste the true flavours of the curry paste ingredients when it's slightly cooler.
- Serve with lots of fragrant Thai jasmine rice.