Cookbook:Sweet Rice I
|Sweet Rice I|
|Time||1 to 2 hrs|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Cuisine | Caribbean cuisines | Cuisine of Trinidad and Tobago
Sweet rice is a rice pudding that can be served hot or cold.
- 3 cups (700 ml) water
- 1 ½ cups (350 g) white rice
- 1 ½ tins (about 2 ½ cups / 600 g) evaporated milk
- 2 tins (2 ½ cups / 600 g) condensed milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 Tbsp (5 ml) vanilla essence
- 4 Tbsp (20 ml) raisins (optional)
- Bring water to a boil. Add rice, and boil until very soft. Most of the water should be absorbed by the rice. Add more water if necessary.
- Add evaporated milk, condensed milk, cinnamon sticks, and vanilla essence.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring once in a while to prevent sticking, until mixture has thickened and reached a pudding-like consistency.
- Remove from heat, and stir in raisins.
- Let stand.