Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Dessert | Cake
Nothing more delicious in the way of cake can be made than sunshine cake. It is especially nice to serve with a frozen dessert of some kind, for it is not too rich and it is attractive in color.
- Whip the yolks with a rotary beater until they are thick and lemon-colored.
- Whip the egg whites until they are foamy, add the cream of tartar, and continue whipping until they are dry.
- Fold the sugar into the egg whites, then then fold the yolks into this mixture.
- Sift the flour several times and add it.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour batter into a sponge-cake pan, and bake.
Notes, tips, and variations
| This work has been released into the public domain by the copyright holder, its copyright has expired, or it is ineligible for copyright. This applies worldwide.