Cookbook:Spicy Chilli Chicken
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Chicken | Indian Cuisine
Chile chicken, cooked Kerala style.
- 1 pound boneless chicken meat
- 1 Tbsp masala
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1½ ea. red onion, chopped
- ¾ Tbsp red chile powder
- ¾ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ½ Tbsp minced ginger
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 6 Tbsp tomato ketchup
- 8 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 green chiles, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- Marinate the chicken with lemon juice, masala, and salt for 1 hour.
- In a large pot, fry the marinated chicken in canola oil until golden brown (5–7 minutes).
- Remove the chicken from the pot and cut into pieces.
- Into the remaining oil, add the onions, red chili powder, turmeric, paprika, and coriander powder, and sauté until wilted.
- Add the tomatoes, ginger, and garlic, and cook till the tomatoes are softened and breaking apart.
- Put the ketchup, soys auce, fried chicken pieces, green chiles, and green peppers in the pot, and simmer until peppers are soft and chicken is fully-cooked.
- Serve over steamed rice.