Cookbook:Soup alla Lombarda
|Soup alla Lombarda|
This page incorporates text from the public domain cookbook The Cook's Decameron: A Study In Taste, Containing Over Two Hundred Recipes For Italian Dishes by Emily Waters.
- Divide the forcemeat into 3 parts.
- Mix the béchamel into the first portion of forcemeat. Mix the pea purée with the second portion. Mix the lobster butter and yolk with the third portion. Thus you will have the Italian colours, red, white, and green.
- Butter a pie dish and make little quenelles of the forcemeat.
- Just before serving, bring the broth to a boil, and boil the quenelles for 4 minutes.
- Carefully remove the quenelles, and put them in a warm soup tureen with cooked green peas. Pour more broth on top of them.
- Serve little croutons fried in lobster butter separately.