Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Cuisine of India | Vegan cuisine
- ¼ kg potatoes
- Green peas combined
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 green chillis, chopped
- Spices (optional)
- 2 mint leaves
- 2 sprigs of cilantro (coriander)
- Maida (all-purpose flour)
- Olive oil or vegetable oil
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Steam the potatoes and peas separately. Cut the potatoes into small pieces.
- Heat a dash of olive oil in a frying pan. Add onions and chilis, and sauté until the onions turn transparent.
- Add the potatoes, peas, and spices. Sauté them while stirring until they are completely cooked.
- Add mint leaves, and coriander leaves (cilantro).
- Mix the flour with enough water to make a stiff dough. Knead in 1 tablespoon of oil and a pinch of table salt. Knead it well.
- Roll dough into even-sized balls (about 3.5 cm in diameter) and roll them out into circles using a rolling pin.
- Cut each circle in half to make semi-circles.
- Place a spoonful of the vegetable mixture onto the dough semi-circles, and fold on three sides to make each one into a cone shape.
- Deep fry the samosas until golden and crispy.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Multiple variations are possible for filling. Lamb and other meats work well with samosa, as do peppers, rice, paneer and mince (keema).