- Wash rice and add enough water cover rice with water equal to the depth of the rice.
- Add salt, saffron, sugar & raisins.
- Cook over high heat until water disappears and steam is rising from holes in the surface of the rice.
- Reduce heat to warm.
- Add almonds.
- Cover tightly and let stand for 20 minutes.
Notes, tips and variationsEdit
- For diabetics, you may replace sugar with 4 to 6 packets of SPLENDA sweetner.
- Saffron Sweet Rice is a nice complement to Amar's Chicken and Amar's Tofu.