Cookbook:Raspberry Shortbread Bars
These raspberry protein bars are simply delicious!
Stuffed full of fresh homemade raspberry jam and raspberry pieces, each bite fills you with a warm fuzzy feeling you can only get from such home-baked goodness.
100% vegan and gluten-free.
For the shortbread crust:Edit
For the jam filling:Edit
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. tapioca flour
For the topping:Edit
- ¼ recipe shortbread crust (see above)
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
For the Shortbread Crust:Edit
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Combine all of the crust ingredients together until everything is evenly mixed. Dough should be crumbly but still form a dough when pressed together.
- Spread the dough onto a greased baking tray(what size?). Press down slightly with a spatula until the layer is evenly spread over the bottom of the tray.
- Prick the crust all over with a fork. Bake for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
For the Jam Filling:Edit
- Combine the raspberries and syrup in a pot and allow to cook for approximately 5 minutes on a medium heat. Stir often to prevent the jam from burning.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue to cook until the mixture is a thick consistency.
- Break down any raspberry pieces which may be too big before removing from the heat and allowing to cool down.
Assembly and baking:Edit
- Once cooled, spread the jam evenly all over the shortbread base.
- Prepare the quarter-recipe of crust to use as topping.
- Crumble topping and combine with almonds. Sprinkle topping over the jam spread. Place the tray back in the oven to bake for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Once golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool.