(Redirected from Cookbook:Puliyodarai Quick)
Also see Cookbook:Pulihora.
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 3 tbsp gingely (sesame) oil ("Til" oil in Hindi, "Nallennai" in Tamil)
- 2 tbsp split peas
- 2 tbsp groundnuts (peanuts)
- ½ tsp asafoetida (heengh in Hindi, perungayum in Tamil)
- 3–4 dry red chillies
- 4–5 curry leaves
- 1.5 tbsp tamarind concentrate
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ¾ tbsp salt
- Dry roast all ingredients in a pan until deep brown (no oil required)
- Grind to a fine powder after the mix cools down.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add groundnuts and split-peas, fry until golden brown.
- Add mustard seeds, asafoetida and red-chillies (broken into pieces). Wait till the mustard seeds splutter and remove pan from stove.
- Mix rice, salt, turmeric powder and tamarind concentrate. Add a little oil to the raw rice before cooking it. This gives it a better texture.
- Add the garnishing powder and curry leaves and mix well.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
Other recipes by this original author