For 2 omelettes:
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ cup (125 ml) of milk
- 1-2 tablespoons of butter or margarine (optional)
- In a bowl beat together eggs, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix in milk.
- Heat up two frying pans to a medium temperature.
- Use butter, margarine, or cooking spray to grease each pan.
- Add chopped potatoes to one pan.
- Cook potatoes until light brown, then add onions.
- Add half of egg mixture to the other pan.
- Cook omelet mixture until it starts to set (about 1 minute).
- Add onions, potatoes, and cheese on top of partially set omelet.
- Fold plain side of omelet over the filling and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- The goal is to get the filling cooked at about the same time the omelette is ready to be folded.