- Dissolve yeast and sugar in one cup or warm water.
- Mix 3 cups of flour, olive oil, one tsp of salt and water & yeast mix.
- Knead for 15 minutes, adding more flour until dough gets "non-sticky".
- Cover dough with little oil (1 tsp) and place it into a large bowl. Let rest 45 minutes until the dough is twice its original size, covering bowl with plastic wrap.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven at 350°F / 175°C (at least 30 minutes).
- Hit / knead dough in order to eliminate air bubbles.
- Cut dough into two pieces (you can freeze dough to bake later - up to a month).
- Roll out dough to form a rounded pizza crust.
- Add pizza sauce (½ can per pizza), and sprinkle onion, red pepper, salt, oregano and black pepper.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, add mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and mushrooms.
- Take back to the oven and bake until cheese melts.
- Cut into eight slices, and enjoy!!!
- Water must be warm in order to activate yeast, but not boiling. Boiling water will spoil yeast.
- You can replace ¼ of water cup with milk.
- You can also replace sugar with 1 tbsp of honey.
- If you like a stronger cheese flavor, you can add, for example, little chunks of bleu cheese, on top of the other ingredients.
- Try to keep the mushrooms fairly dry. Mushrooms are like sponges, and will lose unwanted water on to your pizza.
- You can try different toppings to basic pizza dough, and even add cheese borders. To do so, you should roll out pizza into a larger size, adding cheese one inch from the border, and little pizza sauce. Roll dough over the cheese and press firmly to close.