Cookbook:Passover Apple Cake
This is like a coffee cake and can be served as dessert or a snack.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup cake meal
- 5 apples, peeled & sliced (Granny Smiths are best)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar and oil until the mixture is light.
- Add the cake meal and mix well.
- Pour half of the mixture into a lightly greased 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Distribute half the apples over the batter.
- Pour the remaining batter over the apples and cover with the remaining apples.
- Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl; sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake in a preheated 350~ oven for approximately 1 1/2 hours.