Cookbook:Cheese Balls (Pão de Queijo)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Pão de queijo)
Brazilian cheese balls. Typically served at breakfast or as snack. Plural, pães de queijo.
- Mix the milk and oil together into a pan, and boil until a white foam appears.
- Gradually add flour to this hot mixture; mix well to form a firm ball with no lumps.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Mix in the eggs and the cheese (plus the salt and pepper) to the dough. The dough will become sticky and wet. If the dough is too wet, add more flour and cheese in order to make firmer balls (instead of cookies).
- Grease your hands, and form small balls 1 - 2 inch in diameter.
- Place the balls on a greased baking tray.
- Cook for 15 - 20 minutes, until the top begins to brown.
- Makes about 20 pães.
- Ensure you use a fine flour, and not the coarser grain type of flour used to make Farofa. This recipe should produce small cheesy bread rolls, so a finer flour consistency is required.