Cookbook:Orunla (Nigerian Okra Soup)
|Orunla (Nigerian Okra Soup)|
Orunla is a soup made from dried okra. It is often accompanied by dishes like pounded yam, amala, fufu, etc.
- Add beef, onion, bouillon, and salt to a pot. Cover with water, and boil for about 20 minutes.
- Clean the dried fish with water, and add to the pot.
- Add the locust bean and palm oil. Adjust salt and pepper to taste, and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the dried okra and ground crayfish. Cover the pot, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with desired accompaniments.