- Cut the eggplant into small pieces and soften in a pot of boiling water. Drain well.
- Absorb excess water from the eggplant with paper towels, then blend with the food processor
- Pour the eggplant purée in a pot and stir over a medium heat for 2 minutes
- Add 2 tablespoons of psyllium husk and stir for additional 3 minutes
- Shape into desired portions.
Notes, tips, and variations
- Choose small or medium sized eggplant for your fufu as they contain fewer seeds and are sweeter. It is best to also go for eggplant with indentation since they are also sweeter and have fewer seeds.