Cookbook:Nigerian Coconut Fried Rice with Shrimp and Liver
|Nigerian Coconut Fried Rice with Shrimp and Liver
Nigerian coconut fried rice is a rice dish made with coconut oil and coconut milk. It can be easily prepared at home or found in any Nigerian restaurant or eatery. It is considered a continental and a local cuisine.
- Wash the rice well, and allow it drain.
- Heat a thin layer of coconut oil in a frying pan. Add some chopped onion and fry for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme, then allow to cook for a few seconds.
- Add rice to the fried onion, and fry for 5 minutes. Add ginger and fry again.
- Add the coconut milk, chicken broth, bay leaf, stock cube, curry powder, pepper, and salt. Cook for about 15 minutes until done, then set aside.
- Toss the shrimps with black pepper, paprika, and salt.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a frying pan. Add the shrimps, and cook until done. Set aside.
- In the same pan that you cooked the shrimp in, heat a thin layer of coconut oil. Add some chopped onion, and cook for 3 minutes. Add beef liver, carrot, sweet corn, and pepper, and cook through.
- Combine everything in one pot including the rice, shrimp, and cooked vegetables. Stir well until all the ingredients are combined. Cook a few minutes.
- Serve hot with any kind of salad, coleslaw, or drink.