Cookbook:Nigerian Bitter Leaf Soup II
(Redirected from Cookbook:Nigerian Bitter Leaf Soup)
|Nigerian Bitter Leaf Soup II
Bitter leaf soup is a Nigerian soup.
- Boil the bitter leaf in a pot of water, then drain it in a sieve and rinse well. Repeat this boiling and rinsing process twice more. Set the drained bitter leaf aside.
- Combine the meat, onion, stock cube, and stockfish in another pot. Bring to a simmer.
- Boil the palm kernel in another pot until soft. Drain.
- Transfer the palm kernel to a mortar, and pound it well. Mix in some warm water, then transfer the juice to the pot of meat, leaving the solids behind.
- Pound together the crayfish and yellow pepper, then add to the soup pot.
- Boil the ede until soft, then pound it and add to the soup pot.
- Season with stock cube and salt to taste, then mix in the drained bitter leaf. Cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Serve hot.