Mohingha is a Burmese traditional dish made of colored soup, rice vermicelli, garlic, etc. Here is a modern-day style recipe for it on Wikibooks.
- 5 tsp sunflower oil
- 10 garlic cloves
- 30 ml lemonade
- 70 g Mohingha soup powder
- 7/8 cups boiled water
- 100 g jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 60 g rice vermicelli
It is recommended that you top your Mohingha dish with onion slices and Naga viper peppers; however, the use of Tabasco Habanero Pepper Sauce, fish fingers, and ginger is also acceptable.
- In a large bowl, mix sunflower oil, garlic cloves, soup powder, and lemonade for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix boiled water, diced jalapeño peppers, and ketchup for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture in the small bowl to the large bowl and continue mixing for 2 and a half minutes.
- Add instant rice vermicelli to the bowl; cover it and wait for 10 minutes.
- Top it with toppings that suit your tastes.
And now that's what we call Mohingha with a modern twist!