Cookbook:Mazorca Desgranada (Colombian Beef Salad)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Mazorca Desgranada)
|Mazorca Desgranada (Colombian Beef Salad)|
La mazorca desgranada is typical northern Colombian coast fast food recipe. Is is made of sweet corn, beef, cheese, crushed potato chips, and tartar sauce.
- ½ pound (250 g) beef loin steak, cut into thin strips
- Tartar sauce
- Ground allspice
- Ground pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- ½ small "Summer Crisp" (Batavian) lettuce, thinly sliced
- ¼ pound (125 g) shredded white cheese ("Costeño" or Monterey Jack)
- 1 can (15oz/425 g) whole kernel corn
- Crushed potato chips (crisps)
- Fry beef in a medium skillet. Season with allspice, pepper, salt, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat corn in warm water, then drain well.
- Place lettuce into serving dish.
- Place corn over the lettuce.
- Add shredded cheese on top of the corn.
- Top with beef.
- Cover everything with crushed potato chips.
- Pour tartar sauce all over the dish, and enjoy.