Marzipan cake with biscuit and cream.
- 75 g butter
- 125 g of sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 4 eggs
- 100 g of flour
- a teaspoon of baking powder
- 100 g ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons of jam
- a few drops of almond flavor
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 2 packets of pectin
- 600 ml whipping cream
- 75 g Marzipan
- 350 g marzipan
- 50 g chopped almonds
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 200 ml whipped cream
- starch-based creamer
- 50 g whole milk chocolate coating
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and let cool slightly. Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl with a mixer at the highest level until frothy. While stirring, sprinkle in sugar mixed with vanilla sugar, then beat the mixture for 2 minutes. Combine the flour, baking powder and almonds. Stir in briefly at the lowest setting, then stir in the butter briefly. Smooth out the dough in the springform pan.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Let the cake base cool and cut twice horizontally. Place one of the cake bases on a cake platter.
- Stir the jam until smooth and spread on the bottom cake base.
- Place the middle cake base on top of the jam, and press gently to secure the layers.
- Cut the marzipan into small pieces and place in a mixing bowl. Add the bitter almond flavor, sugar, and water, and stir until smooth with the mixer.
- Whip the cream with pectin stiffly according to the package instructions. Mix in the marzipan.
- Spread about 3/4 of the cream on the middle cake layer, and put the final layer on top. Spread the cake completely with the remaining cream. Place the cake in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Place on a large plate of baking paper. Crush the couverture and melt it in a bowl over a water bath. Mix the almonds with the chocolate coating. Place 16 small piles with the almond chocolate mixture on the baking paper and keep in the fridge until the chocolate has set.
- Sift powdered sugar and knead with marzipan. Roll out the marzipan mixture into a round flat disc (Ø=36 cm). Drape the marzipan over the cake. Press the marzipan onto the edge of the cake. Cut off any excess marzipan.
- Prepare cream and pour into a piping bag. Decorate the cake with cream. Place almond slivers on top and place the cake in the fridge until ready to serve.