Loukoumas is a Greek fried pastry, similar to a doughnut.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, salt, milk, eggs, baking powder, sugar and vanilla.
- Mix the yeast and water together.
- Add the yeast mixture to the other ingredients and stir. The mixture should look like smooth cake batter.
- Cover the bowl and leave it for four hours.
- Place five centimetres of oil in a pot and heat it up.
- With a tablespoon drop the mixture in and roll. Loukoumades should be sphere-shaped, fried and should look golden or brown from all sides.
- After they are fried, remove them and pour honey over them. Use the cinnamon for extra flavour. You can also use sesame seeds for flavour.