(Redirected from Cookbook:Lentil soup)
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Vegan Cuisine | Soups
For 4 servings:
- Pick over the lentils and remove any stones etc. if needed. Rinse well.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add the onion and carrots. Cook for a few minutes, until the vegetables have started to soften, then add the garlic.
- Add the lentils, bay leaf, and water to the pot. Simmer over low-medium heat for 20-30 minutes, until lentils are softened.
- Herbs and/or spices can be added to the sautéing vegetables, such as cumin, thyme, oregano, red pepper flakes.
- Hot sauce can be added to taste. Freshly squeezed lemon juice is a nice addition, preferably immediately before serving.