Cookbook:Lasagne with Bean Sauce
(Redirected from Cookbook:Lasagne with bean sauce)
|Lasagne with Bean Sauce|
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ small onion, minced
- 1 can (400 g/15 oz) navy beans, drained and chopped
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 package lasagna noodles
- 240 ml (1 cup) cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 240 g (1 cup) tomato sauce
- 240 g (1 cup) tomato purée
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 100–170 g (4–6 oz) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 60 ml (¼ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil the lasagna noodles.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the chopped beans and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato purée, tomato paste, oregano, basil, and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a 30 x 20 cm (13 x 9 in) baking dish, form a layer using half the noodles, sauce, cottage cheese, and mozzarella. Repeat to form a second layer.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 180°C (350°F) for 25 minutes, until noodles are tender and sauce is bubbling.