Cookbook:Kipspek (Bacon-wrapped Chicken)
|Kipspek (Bacon-wrapped Chicken)|
Kipspek, which literally translates from Dutch into "chickenbacon", is a very easy snack consisting of cubed chicken wrapped in bacon, which is then breaded and fried.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each cube of chicken in a strip of bacon.
- To make sure the bacon doesn't roll off the chicken, stick a toothpick from one end to the other.
- Roll the kipspek in the breadcrumbs.
- Whisk the eggs, and dip each kipspek in the eggs.
- Roll the kipspek through the breadcrumbs once again. Leave them for about half an hour to dry out the surface.
- Heat the oil in a deep pot.
- Fry the kipspeks until they're golden brown all over.
- Serve with ketchup or mustard—don't forget to remove the toothpick before taking a bite.