Cookbook:Kal Kals(Redirected from Cookbook:Kal kals)
Kal kals are a fried sweet traditionally made during Christmas in Christian communities of India.
- Mix all ingredients to make a dough, moist but not sticky
- Flatten teaspoon-sized balls on the back of a fork (preferably with rounded tines) and roll off, forming small snail-shell-like curls.
- Fry in hot oil six at a time until golden brown.
- Roll in more powdered sugar while still hot to coat.
- Always be careful when deep frying not to spray hot oil on yourself