Cookbook:Kal Kals (Sweet Curled Fritters)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Kal kals)
|Kal Kals (Sweet Curled Fritters)|
Kal kals are a fried sweet traditionally made during Christmas in Christian communities of India.
For 25-30 kal kals:
- Mix all ingredients to make a dough, moist but not sticky.
- Flatten teaspoon-sized balls on the back of a fork (preferably with rounded tines) and roll off, forming small snail-shell-like curls.
- Fry in hot oil (~350˚F/180˚C) six at a time until golden brown.
- Roll in more powdered sugar while still hot to coat.
- When deep frying, be careful not to splash hot oil on yourself.