Cookbook:Italian Crispy Chicken
Did you know that the amount of oil absorbed by a chicken tender fried in 350 degree peanut oil is 1/2 tbs (1 1/2 tsp)? If you still won't eat fried foods, this recipe is for you.
- 4 (6-8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup garlic-flavored croutons, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Canola oil
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- 1 tbs each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbs paprika
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Combine flour and seasonings in a pie plate. Combine croutons and breadcrumbs in another pie plate, and place the eggs in another pie plate.
- Dredge chicken in flour then dip into eggs. Dredge in crouton mixture and let rest 2-3 minutes.
- Coat chicken with canola oil and place onto a greased sheet pan. Insert a probe thermometer into one of the pieces.
- Bake in a 425 degree F oven until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Serve warm.