Cookbook:Honey Apple Glazed Pork
|Honey Apple Glazed Pork|
Honey Apple Glazed PorkEdit
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 pound (about 1.5 kg) pork butt roast
- 1 cup applesauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325°F (about 165°C).
- Mix together first five ingredients as a rub.
- Apply rub to pork roast and set aside.
- Line a roasting pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place roast in pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Mix together applesauce, cinnamon, honey, and nutmeg as a glaze.
- Remove roast from oven and spread with glaze.
- Return glazed roast to oven and bake until 165°F (74°C) internal temperature, about 50-60 minutes.