Cookbook:Holiday Pork Loin
|Holiday Pork Loin|
This is perfect for serving at Christmas instead of ham, or even as a main dish when guests come over.
- 1 ea. (4 pounds) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 cup salt
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cups boiling apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 pound ice
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp black peppercorns, cracked
- Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp dehydrated lemon peel
- ¼ cup crushed ginger snap cookies
- Combine salt, honey, vinegar, and wine in a gallon size zip-top bag. Add ice and shake until ice is mostly melted and mixture has cooled down.
- Add pork loin and refrigerate 2 ½–3 hours.
- Drain pork and pat dry. Discard remaining brine. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients except mustard. Brush pork with mustard and press spice mixture into all sides of meat.
- Place roast on a roasting rack in a roasting pan. Insert a probe thermometer into the center and bake at 410°F until internal temperature reaches 140°F for medium rare.
- Remove to a plate and let rest 10 minutes before carving. Serve warm.