(Redirected from Cookbook:White Wine)
Wine is an alcoholic drink commonly used to add flavor in cooking. Many types of cooking will evaporate the alcohol, leaving a nearly non-alcoholic dish. For uncooked usage of wine, see the numerous warnings on the alcoholic drink page.
Basic types of wineEdit
- sake, a rice wine used in Japanese cooking
- red wine, a wine made from red or purple grapes and fermented with the skins
- white wine, a wine made from green or yellow grapes, fermented without the skins
- rose or pink wine, a wine made from grapes, following neither the red nor white procedure
- hard cider, a wine made from apple juice