Cookbook:Barbecued Spare Ribs
|Barbecued Spare Ribs|
|Time||prep: overnight |
cooking: 60 minutes
Barbecued Spare Ribs are a classic American barbecue meal made from pork. This version is cooked in the oven, not on a barbecue, and uses a barbecue sauce with Asian-associated flavors like soy sauce, rice vinegar, and garlic.
- 2 pounds (910 g) pork spare ribs
- ¼ cup (60 ml / 2 oz) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons pork stock
- Freshly-ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons cumin (optional)
- Place spare ribs in a large baking dish in one layer. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over spare ribs and coat on both sides. Marinate overnight, basting occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F (191 °C). Place a large, shallow roasting pan on the oven bottom. Fill with 0.5 inches (1.3 cm) water. Place spare ribs on a roasting rack.
- Roast ribs for 45 minutes.
- Raise oven temperature to 450 °F (232 °C), and roast for 15 more minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.