Cookbook:Herrencreme (German Custard Dessert)
|Herrencreme (German Custard Dessert)|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Herrencreme is a dessert based on custard and cream originating in Germany.
- 1 L milk
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 2 packets (88 g) German custard powder (e.g. Dr. Oetker)
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ L whipped cream
- grated chocolate or chocolate sprinkles
- some rum
- Combine milk, sugar, salt, and custard powder in a saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until it has thickened. Place a sheet of cling film on the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming, and let cool completely.
- Transfer the pudding to a bowl. Stir in rum and chocolate to taste.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Chill in fridge for about 2 hours.