Cookbook:Hasude (Albanian Cornstarch Pudding)
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Cuisine of Albania
|Hasude (Albanian Cornstarch Pudding)|
|Servings||4 or 5|
- 1¼ cup (300 g) cornstarch
- 6-7 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (240 g) sugar
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- Melt butter in pot over medium-high heat. Gradually mix in the cornstarch.
- Once all the cornstarch is added, cook until the mass becomes yellow. During this time also pour in some sugar.
- Separately prepare a syrup using the remaining sugar and water.
- After it is done cooking, shape the mass using a spoon or plastic shapes and pour the syrup on top.