Cookbook:Hanjin Ligidi (Nigerian Lollipops)
|Hanjin Ligidi (Nigerian Lollipops)
Hanjin ligidi, also called ekana gowon, is a cone-shaped Nigerian confection mostly enjoyed by children. It is similar to a lollipop.
- Shape food-safe paper or aluminum foil into cones.
- Clean any dirt or dust from the tsamiya.
- Wash the tsamiya in a clean bowl of water and drain it thoroughly.
- Soak the tsamiya in hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the tsamiya soaking liquid to a pot over medium heat.
- Gradually stir in sugar, making sure it dissolves, until it becomes very thick.
- Stir in your desired flavoring and/or coloring.
- Divide the syrup between the prepared cones. Let cool slightly, then insert a toothpick or other stick.
- Let set and harden completely. Unmold and serve.