- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted
- ¾ cup milk
- Cream together the butter, sugar, baking powder, salt and flour
- Add the milk.
- Beat the egg and fold in.
- Transfer batter to two greased and lined 8-inch (20 cm) round cake pans.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes at about 350˚F (175˚C).
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Combine all frosting ingredients in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring to dissolve everything.
- Cook to the soft ball stage.
- Cool slightly, and spread at once over the cake.