Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Cut off the blemished ends of the carrots, wash them, and then peel them.
- Grate the carrots, and empty the grated carrots into a saucepan.
- Add the cashews, raisins, salt, sugar, cardamom, cinnamon, butter, and milk.
- Heat the saucepan and bring the contents to a boil, while mixing.
- Cook until the milk has mostly evaporated.
- Serve with a sprinkling of cinnamon powder on top.
- When the milk is almost evaporated you can add 50-100g of khoya (dried milk solids) for a richer taste.