|Eve's Pudding (Hartshorne)|
|Time||3 hours 20 minutes|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Desserts
Eve's Pudding is a rich, fruity dessert served in the evening. This recipe is an interpreted method from the original recipe in Henry Hartshorne's The Household Cyclopedia.
- Add your ingredients into a bowl, mixing until combined but not overworking your mixture.
- Butter your mould of choice, and sprinkle a little flour inside.
- Place your mixture into your mould, and place a piece of baking paper on top.
- Cover with a cloth, and tie to secure.
- Boil or steam your mixture for 3 hours.
- Serve hot with custard or a wine sauce.
- Watch English Heritage's How to Make Eve's Pudding – The Victorian Way