Cookbook:Double Chocolate Brownies
|Double Chocolate Brownies|
Double Chocolate Brownies
- Let the eggs and butter sit out for 30 minutes to bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl sift in the flour with the baking soda and salt then set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine butter, sugar, and water. Bring just to a boil then remove from heat.
- Add ½ of the chocolate chips (6 oz) and vanilla. Stir until smooth and shiny.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture into a large bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Gradually blend in flour mixture.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips and nuts if desired.
- Spread in a greased 9" square pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into 2-1/4" squares.
Tips, Notes, and VariationsEdit
- Substitute some or all of the flour with whole wheat flour.
- To substantially reduce the fat and cholesterol substitute the two eggs with three egg whites.
- Substitute the vanilla extract with ½ teaspoon almond extract or 2 teaspoon orange liquor.