Curry Chicken - This dish isn't that hot unless you make it that way. In fact, change the ingredients to suit your own taste and it will probably taste better. Instead of coconut cream or milk you can use thickening cream.
- 1 whole cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 tin of coconut milk or cream
- 2 [Cookbook:Onion|onion]]
- 4 drops of Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 2 Teaspoons of Cookbook:Garam Masala
- 2 Teaspoons of salt
- 2 Teaspoons of oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 Teaspoons of Cookbook: Red chilli Powder
- 2 Cookbook: Bay leaves
- 20 Cookbook:Coriander Leaves
- 150 ml Cookbook:Yoghurt
- 4 or 5 Cookbook:Cashews
- 1 teaspoon Cookbook:Red pepper powder
- Cut a full chicken into medium size pieces of about 5 to 7 cm each and slice them at edges with a knife.
- Make a solution of 150ml Yoghurt, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp Red chilli powder, 1~2 tsp garam masala powder, 1 tsp red pepper powder, 4 to 6 cloves of cut garlic, 10 to 20 coriander leaves, half tsp black pepper powder ground. Don't add water to it.
- Soak chicken pieces in the above solution and let that marinade for about 8 hours. Store the above in a fridge overnight.
- When you start cooking, cut 2 onions into large rings and fry them in olive or sunflower oil over low heat.
- Add 1 tsp garam masala, red chilli powder, two or three green chillis and fry them in 3 or 4 table spoons of oil until onions are light yellow in color.Add two or three cashew nuts which are grounded. Add one finely chopped tomato if desired.
- Add chicken pieces to the above oil and fry them for about 5 minutes while stirring them.After this, Add the solution prepared above and add water until all chicken pieces are completely immersed in water. You would need a large cooking pot which is vertical for better results.
- Heat the above under low to medium heat for about 30 to 45 minutes or slightly more. Add 100ml coconut milk if desired.
- Wait for a few minutes until the chicken pieces are tender and have absorbed the solution.
- When serving, use a small onion and sprinkle some juice over chicken. This recipe works well with long grain Basmati rice.
- Serve with rice.