Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Dessert | Cake
Cupcakes are small individual cakes baked in cases. This recipe is for very simple, plain cakes.
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g margarine
- 2 ea. (100 g) eggs
- Icing sugar (optional)
- Preheat an oven to Gas mark 5.
- Place 15 cupcake cases on a baking tray, or in a muffin/cupcake pan if you have one.
- Place flour, sugar, margarine and eggs into a mixing bowl. Use a electric mixer to mix the ingredients together for 1 minute.
- Use a spoon and knife to evenly dollop the batter into the cases.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cakes are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- When completed remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Decorate with icing sugar if desired.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Replace 2 tablespoons of the flour with drinking chocolate or cocoa to add a nice chocolate flavor.