Cookbook:Crispy Santa Fe Chicken
|Crispy Santa Fe Chicken|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Southwestern U.S. cuisine
A lot of crispy baked chicken recipes use things like breadcrumbs or cracker crumbs. Here, the croûtons add a little flavor.
- 4 ea. (28–32 ounces) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup crushed garlic-flavored croûtons
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ tsp freshly-ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly-ground black pepper
- ¾ cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine butter, seasonings, and salt in a pie plate or a large wide dish.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture then dredge into croûton crumbs. Let rest 2–3 minutes.
- Coat chicken pieces on olive oil then place on a greased baking pan.
- Insert a probe thermometer into one of the pieces, and bake in the oven until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces evenly with cheese and bake until cheese is melted. Serve warm.