Cookbook:Crispy Santa Fe Chicken
I have looked at a lot of crispy baked chicken recipes, and all of them use things like breadcrumbs or cracker crumbs. So I thought, "Why not add a little flavor in the form of garlic flavored croûtons?".
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Combine butter, seasonings, and salt in a pie plate or a large wide dish.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture then dredge into croûtons. Let rest 2-3 minutes.
- Coat chicken pieces on olive oil then place on a greased baking pan.
- Insert a probe thermometer into one of the pieces and bake in the oven until internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces evenly with cheese and bake until cheese is melted. Serve warm.