Cookbook:Crispy Gingerbread Cookies
|Crispy Gingerbread Cookies|
|Servings||5.5 dozen 4.5-inch cookies|
|Time||Prep: 15 minutes|
Baking: 15 minutes
This recipe makes crispy gingerbread cookies that are used for gingerbread men. To keep the cookies crisp, store them in an air-tight container. They can be decorated with royal icing.
- Pour sugar, molasses, spices, and salt into large saucepan.
- Bring to boil and remove from heat.
- Add the baking soda and butter and stir until butter melts.
- Quickly stir in egg, and then add flour. Mix well.
- Chill for several hours until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 325 °F (170 °C).
- Roll out until thin on lightly-floured surface.
- Cut with cookie cutters and place on cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 325 °F (170 °C) and cool on racks.