Cookbook:Cranberry Orange Squares
|Cranberry Orange Squares|
|Time||50 - 55 minutes|
A delicious square recipe with a pleasant flavor of oranges and cranberries.
- Lightly oil and line a square pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, flour, sugar, and baking soda using a whisk.
- Using your hands, mix the melted butter into the rolled oats mixture, until it forms pea-sized clumps. Do not over mix.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups (360g) of mixture to be used as the topping.
- Press remainder of oat mix into the bottom of the pan, making sure it covers the whole bottom.
- Mix the orange juice with the cranberry sauce.
- Spread evenly over the base.
- Sprinkle the reserved oats mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Notes, Tips and VariationsEdit
- This recipe can be doubled to fit a 13" by 9" (30cm by 24cm) pan.