(Redirected from Cookbook:Crème saint-honoré)
Crème saint-honoré is a crème pâtissière with stiffly beaten egg whites folded into it, used to fill profiteroles, éclairs and tarts, as well as on its own as a dessert cream. It can be additionally flavoured with liqueur, pralin, orange peel, etc.
- Mix any additional flavourings into the crème pâtissière.
- Whip the egg whites with the salt until soft peaks form.
- Sprinkle the sugar onto the egg whites and continue whipping to stiff peaks.
- Stir a quarter of the egg whites into the hot custard.
- Fold the rest of the egg whites in and chill before use.