|Servings||ca. 8 oz. (250 g)|
For 1 cup:
- an oiled baking sheet or granite work surface
- Toast the almonds in a 350˚F (180˚C) oven for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently until they are light brown.
- Boil the sugar and water in a small saucepan until the sugar turns golden brown.
- Immediately sir in the almonds.
- Reheat until liquid and pour onto the baking sheet. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- When cooled, break it into pieces.
- Pulverize in a blender or clean coffee grinder a few pieces at a time.
- Store in an air-tight container but use within a relatively short time period as it tends to solidify over time.