(Redirected from Cookbook:Cornish fairing)
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Cornish fairings are traditional Cornish spiced biscuits with a real kick.
- 110 g (½ cup or 4 oz) flour
- 60 g (¼ cup or 2 oz) butter or margarine
- 60 g (¼ cup or 2 oz) caster sugar
- 1 tsp (levelled, not heaped) baking powder
- 2 tsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 sieve
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 baking tray
- 1 rolling pin
- 1 cooling rack
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F or Gas Mark 4).
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, then rub in the butter.
- Sift in the caster sugar, baking powder, and spices, then mix well.
- Add the syrup to the mixture, then stir in until it becomes a dough.
- Roll the dough out into little balls about the size of walnuts.
- Place the balls on a baking tray, then bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow the fairings to cool for a few minutes on the cooling rack before serving.