Cornish fairings are traditional Cornish spiced biscuits with a real kick.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F or Gas Mark 4).
- Sieve the flour, then rub in with the butter into a mixing bowl.
- Sieve the caster sugar, baking powder or bicarbonate of soda and spices - then mix.
- Add the syrup to the mixture, then stir in until it becomes a dough.
- Roll the dough out into little balls (about the size of a walnut).
- Place the balls on a baking tray, then bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow the fairings to cool for a few minutes on the cooling rack before serving.