(Redirected from Cookbook:Cornbread 2)
- ¼ cup (35 grams (1.2 oz)) cornmeal
- 1¼ cup (310 milliliters (10 US fl oz)) mixture of milk and orange juice (you can use as much orange juice as you like; ¼ to ½ cup (60 to 125 milliliters (2.0 to 4.2 US fl oz)) is ideal)
- 1 cup (140 grams (4.9 oz)) flour
- ⅓ cup (75 grams (2.6 oz)) sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup (60 milliliters (2.0 US fl oz)) vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C). Grease a 20-centimeter (7.9 in) baking pan.
- Combine cornmeal and milk/orange juice, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add egg and oil to cornmeal mixture, then add dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.