(Redirected from Cookbook:Cornbread 2)
- ¼ cup (35 g / 1.2 oz) cornmeal
- 1¼ cup (310 ml / 10 oz) mixture of milk and orange juice (you can use as much orange juice as you like; ¼–½ cup (60–125 ml / 2–4.2 oz) is ideal)
- 1 cup (140 g / 4.9 oz) flour
- ⅓ cup (75 g / 2.6 oz) sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup (60 ml / 2 oz) vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C). Grease a 20-centimeter (7.9 in) baking pan.
- Combine cornmeal and milk/orange juice, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add egg and oil to cornmeal mixture, then add dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes.